There can be multiple reasons, one wants to back up the Gmail. Maybe you are switching jobs, or stopped using any particular account or want a copy of the email. well, reason can be anything but the best way to get it is by backing up the email and exporting Gmail and other Google accounts using Google’s Takeout feature. Also, you can back up the account on a regular base that is a good idea.
Here are steps to back up your Gmail, follow below;
- Visit myaccount.google.com page.
- Look for the Privacy & personalization option, then hit on “Manage your data & personalization” tab.
- Next, scroll down to the option “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data” and hit the “Download your data” button.
- Now, you will be reached on the Google Takeout page. Here, choose the box showing next to Gmail. You can select any other apps you want to back up. some services could have buttons labeled to Multiple formats where you will need to hit the button and select the format in which you want to download your data.
- Click on “Next Step” and choose arrow underneath the “Delivery method” option so that you can think and decide how you want to receive your back up data. Now you can see the options including a download link email or adding the link to Dropbox, Drive, or OneDrive.
- You can also select an export option and the file type and its size.
- Click on Create export and wait for the complete process.
Note- It might take a whole day to export the backup file.
Author bio :- Alexa kane is a self-professed security expert, she makes people aware of the security threats. Her passion is just to write about, cryptography, malware,Cyber security social engineering, internet. She writes for mcafee.com/activate , office.com/setup